The Great Lakes Protection Initiative is calling for proposals to address areas of concern (AOC) around the Great Lake by March 3, 2021. The initiative funds actions that address the most significant environmental challenges facing the Great Lakes.
The 8 priority regions they address are as follows:
- working with others to protect the Great Lakes
- restoring Great Lakes Areas of Concern (AOCs)
- preventing toxic and nuisance algae
- assessing and enhancing the resilience of Great Lakes coastal wetlands
- evaluating and identifying at risk nearshore waters
- reducing releases of harmful chemicals
- engaging Indigenous Peoples in addressing Great Lakes issues
- increasing public engagement through citizen science
The deadline for funding is March 3, 2021. Our office is happy to help applicants develop solid proposals which advance RAP priorities. Please email us at email@example.com for any help with proposals.