The Great Lakes Restoration Initiative (GLRI) is seeking public input until May 24, 2019 on a draft version of Action Plan III. This draft outlines priorities for the GLRI for fiscal years 2020-2024.
Action Plan III covers five main focus areas based on input about Action Plan II from Great Lakes States and Indian tribes and other non-Federal stakeholders:
- Cleaning up toxic pollutants.
- Keeping Asian carp out of the Great Lakes and controlling existing invasive species.
- Reducing the causes and extent of harmful algal blooms.
- Protecting and restoring important habitats for fish, birds and other species.
- Continuing Great Lakes education and outreach efforts and filling in critical knowledge gaps.
Read the draft Action Plan III:
More information about submitting feedback is available here:
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to Infosuperior…only #LakeSuperior news.