The Public Advisory Committee (PAC) to the Thunder Bay Remedial Action Plan (RAP) held a meeting on April 17th, 2019 in the ATAC Building (Room 3004) at Lakehead University.
- Degradation of Fish Habitat
- Beach Advisories (swimming advisories due to high bacteria counts)
- Thunder Bay North Harbour contamination
A detailed agenda for the meeting as well as the minutes of the previous meeting can be found below.
- Meeting Agenda (as of April 3, 2019)
- Previous Minutes (from November 7, 2018)
- Current Delisting Criteria for Fish Habitat
- Fish Habitat in the Thunder Bay AOC – Dr. Rob Stewart (Lakehead University)
- Beach Closings – Status Update – Gurpreet Mangat (Environment and Climate Change Canada)
- Beach Closings – Status Report (2019)
Remedial Action Plans work to address environmental, chemical, physical, and biological degradation resulting in pollution and adverse impacts to natural habitats in Areas of Concern on the Great Lakes. They are supported by Environment and Climate Change Canada, the Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks, the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry and Lakehead University. The meeting is open to the public and all are welcome to attend. There is no charge. Observers do not participate in committee decisions but may be allowed to address the meeting at the discretion of the chair.
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to Infosuperior…only #LakeSuperior news.