A special meeting regarding the next steps forward for cleanup of contamination in the north portion of Thunder Bay Harbour will be presented at 7 p.m., February 5th, in the Faculty Lounge at Lakehead University.
Roger Santiago (Environment and Climate Change Canada) and Tera Yochim Hope (Transport Canada) of the North Harbour Steering Committee will be presenting on the next steps forward for remediation of the area commonly called the North Harbour. This is a public event and all are welcome to attend. Evening parking is free of charge.
- The area of highest contamination is just over 50 acres in size.
- The area in question is located in the harbour adjacent to the former Cascades mill (just east of the mouth of the Current River).
- The main contaminant of concern is mercury.
- Map of Campus
- Directions to Faculty Lounge
- Additional Background Information (presentation shared by North Harbour Steering Committee)
For more information contact Samuel Pegg, Remedial Action Plan Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 807-343-8514.