The Public Advisory Committee (PAC) to the Thunder Bay Remedial Action Plan (RAP) will hold its annual meeting at 7 p.m. on April 4th in ATAC Room 3004 at Lakehead University. Evening parking at Lakehead University is free of charge and available right beside the ATAC building.
- carry out election of chair or co-chairs
- review status of Beneficial Use Impairments
- reiterate remaining RAP actions
- provide a report from the newly formed Wildlife Committee
- provide a report on RAP activities from the RAP Coordinator
- prepare for April 18th meeting with Transport Canada, solicit for “Sediment Quality” Sub-Committee members.
Remedial Action Plans work to address environmental chemical, physical, and biological degradation resulting in pollution and impacts to habitat in Areas of Concern on the Great Lakes. They are supported by Environment and Climate Change Canada, the Ontario Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change, the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry and Lakehead University.
The meeting is open to the public and all are welcome to attend. There is no charge. Observers do not participate in committee decisions but may be allowed to address the meeting at the discretion of the chair.