This 10′ Soundcloud audio clip features an interview with Dr. Chris McLaughlin about the “Randle Reef Project“, an environmental cleanup project currently taking place within the waters of Hamilton Harbour on Lake Ontario. Chris is the Executive Director of Hamilton Harbour’s Bay Area Restoration Council. In the audio clip, Chris previews the presentation about the Randle Reef project he will be making at 7 p.m. on November 30th in Room 3004 of the ATAC building at Lakehead University. Everyone is welcome to attend the presentation which is free of charge. Evening parking at Lakehead University is also free of charge. The meeting agenda and directions to the meeting room are provided in the “links” section at the bottom of this post.
Infosuperior will livestream meeting audio and presentations. Click the link below to join the meeting online beginning at 6:45 p.m. Thunder Bay time on November 30th.
Access Code: 815-953-517
Dr. McLaughlin’s presentation will provide information about the Randle Reef project, including the following:
- the nature of Hamilton harbour contamination
- the cost of cleanup
- the organizations cooperating to carry out the project
- who is paying for the project
- how was cooperation arrived at to get the project underway
- information which may be useful in addressing cleanup of the Thunder Bay North Harbour contaminated site.
Dr. McLaughlin’s presentation is part of the meeting of the Public Advisory Committee to the Thunder Bay Remedial Action Plan, or harbour cleanup plan.
- Meeting Agenda
- Previous Meeting Minutes (Sept 21, 2016)
- A map of Lakehead University Campus showing the ATAC building (enter the university from Balmoral at Beverly)
- Further Information about Randle Reef and a comparison of Randle Reef with Thunder Bay North Harbour
- November 30, 2016 Update Re North Harbour from Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Thunder Bay Remedial Action Plan
- Hamilton Harbour Bay Area Restoration Council
- The Thunder Bay North Harbour contaminated site
- Other Soundcloud clips from Infosuperior.
- Benefits Assessment – Randle Reef Remediation (YorkU 1996)
- Randle Reef Project – Financial Breakdown