The Public Advisory Committee for the Thunder Bay North Harbour Remedial Action Plan will be holding a meeting on June 7, 2017 at Lakehead University. Remedial Action Plans deal with environmental impairments in Areas of Concern on the Great Lakes. This includes chemical, physical, and biological degradation resulting in pollution and impacts to habitat.
Public Advisory Committee Objectives:
- represent the range of community interests and concerns
- promote community awareness, understanding and support to implement environmental cleanup in Thunder Bay Harbour
- assist government agencies in implementing a public information program for the general public
- act as a liaison to member organizations
- provide a basis for generating community support for implementing the remedial action plan, or Thunder Bay Harbour cleanup plan.
The June 7th meeting will focus on an overview of the contamination of the North Harbour in the Thunder Bay Area of Concern, work completed toward cleaning up the contamination, and planned efforts to move forward with the project. The meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Advanced Technology and Academic Centre (ATAC) building room 3004 (located in the NW corner of 3rd floor). Free evening parking at Lakehead University is available right beside the ATAC building.
A detailed agenda will be posted as soon as it becomes available. A map showing the meeting location is accessible via the link bel0w.
(enter the university from Balmoral at Beverly)