November 2015 Thunder Bay Harbour sampling for aesthetic parameters including scums, slicks and odours. Findings were presented at the December 1st PAC meeting. Photos of aesthetics sampling.
The Public Advisory Committee (PAC) to the Thunder Bay Remedial Action Plan, or harbour cleanup plan, met at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, December 1st at the Balmoral Street Centre on the Lakehead University campus (Room: HS 1029).
Agenda items included:
- presentation of the latest water quality data for Thunder Bay public swimming beaches by Troy Sampson of the Thunder Bay District Health Unit
- an overview of on-water monitoring carried out this fall for harbour aesthetic conditions including slicks, scums, foam and odours
- a new online mapping tool for the Thunder Bay Area of Concern.
Links to Related Documents and Information:
- Minutes of May 6, 2015
- Directions to the meeting location
- Delisting Criteria for Aesthetics
- Delisting Criteria for Beach Advisories
- Beach Advisories Presentation by Troy Sampson of Thunder Bay District Health Unit
- 2015 Water Quality Data for Thunder Bay Beaches (from Thunder Bay District Health Unit)
- 2014 Water Quality Data for Thunder Bay Beaches (from Thunder Bay District Health Unit).