The next meeting of the Public Advisory Committee to the Nipigon Bay Remedial Action Plan (RAP) will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. on February 18th in the Community Resource Centre (main hall) at Lake Helen, Ontario. The general public is welcome to attend and the meeting is free of charge. Click here for the meeting agenda.
Presentations about sea lamprey control will be made at the meeting by Lakehead University Masters student and former Nipigon Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry staffer Kathy Sakamoto and also by Paul Sullivan of the Department of Fisheries and Oceans. Paul has been invited to speak but is not yet confirmed.
Additionally, methods for making the general public aware of the Nipigon Bay RAP Completion Report and for soliciting public comment into the report will be discussed. The report is the culminating RAP document outlining environmental restoration efforts and conditions in Nipigon Bay and the Nipigon River. The Public Advisory Committee has already provided review and comments about the document which will soon become available to the general public.
Other information related to the Nipigon Bay Remedial Action Plan:
- Minutes of January 6th, 2015 PAC meeting held at the Red Rock Recreation Centre
- Audio interview regarding Nipigon River restoration work
- 1991 Nipigon Bay RAP Stage 1 Report (Environmental Conditions and Problem Definition)
- 1995 Nipigon Bay RAP Stage 2 Report (Remedial Strategies for Ecosystem Restoration)
- 1996 Nipigon Bay RAP Stage 2 Implementation Annex (Recommended Remedial Actions and Financial Commitments)
- Information about a recent Great Lakes Fishery Commission Workshop on Lampricide Resistance for Sea Lamprey
- Map of Lake Helen Community (including meeting location)